[darcs-devel] open questions regarding FileUUID

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sun Jun 10 16:55:40 UTC 2018

On 08/06/2018 22:36, Ben Franksen wrote:
> Am 08.06.2018 um 16:34 schrieb Ganesh Sittampalam:

>> Sorry for the very belated reply. I don't think this belongs in
>> D.P.RepoType, which is basically a hack for dealing with things like
>> rebase that should really be handled at the repository level rather than
>> by smuggling groups of patches within a container patch.
>
> Hm, you are probably right with that. BTW, I would be very glad if we
> could join efforts to eliminate this particular wart, i.e. handle the
> rebase patch at the repo level. I have the feeling this shouldn't be
> that hard to do.

I'd also be happy to do this, though I remain worried about the safety
of the repository code (and hence the danger in changing it substantially).

Are there any existing mailing list posts I should re-read about your
ideas for doing this? Although I've been reading everything, I don't
remember it all and I didn't spot anything directly relevant when
looking back recently

Ganesh