[darcs-devel] [patch1658] resolve issue2569: decoding multibyte characters

Guillaume Hoffmann bugs at darcs.net
Fri Mar 23 14:47:23 UTC 2018

Guillaume Hoffmann <guillaumh at gmail.com> added the comment:

The patch refers to http://bugs.darcs.net/issue2569 , in that there is a
problem with decoding multibyte characters inside of strings of size
bigger than 4096 bytes.

The patch reemoves the dependenccy on the 'knob' package. Ben's comments
about not needing knob are:

* http://bugs.darcs.net/msg19931
* http://bugs.darcs.net/msg19932

The patch also modifies the QuickCheck test
propDecodeThenEncodeRoundTrip by removing the 4096 bytes limit guard.
And of course it modifies Darcs.Util.Encoding to stop using knob. I did
not dive into the details of why knob would be useless but I trust the
new QuickCheck property to catch bugs if there are.

Accepted.

status: needs-review -> accepted