[darcs-devel] SHA1-hashed files anywhere?

Guillaume Hoffmann guillaumh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:13:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

This is basically what I said today on IRC:

https://irclog.perlgeek.de/darcs/2018-03-28#i_15976226

I recently discovered that before the 2.0 release, hashed repositories
had their internal files hashed with SHA1 instead of SHA256 .

This is why in Darcs.Repository.Cache, the functions checkHash and
okayHash have a case where the hash is 40 characters long (the length
of a SHA1 hash).

I am tempted to remove this possibility, for wtf-per-line reduction sake

As a reference, here are the relevant  patches that happened some time
before the release of Darcs 2:

~~~
patch 655014b7141f3633415c9f7bdc6b79d5eaf40026