[darcs-devel] [patch1757] accept issue2605: darcs crashes with duplicate patches

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Nov 18 12:15:34 UTC 2018

No that wasn't intentional, sorry. I can send a rename patch and
push it and then rebase the bundle that fixes the issue. Or I can
push the fix, which I haven't done yet. I would prefer the latter.

The reason I didn't push it yet is to give you a chance to comment
on the general direction this goes. The fix changes the semantics of
merging from by-name to by-value/content. I thought this may provoke
dissent even though the underlying commute machinery has always been
by-value and I am pretty sure it is impossible to fix this bug in
any other way except by adding prim patch identifiers (as proposed
long ago by Ian Lynagh).