[darcs-devel] [patch1745] use AnchoredPath instead of FileName for... (and 8 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Nov 18 21:30:11 UTC 2018

> Is it expected that these changes affect the format of the patch
> index? I'm seeing errors from binary in any commands that use the
> patch index when I mix-and-match darcs binaries from before and after
> these changes. I haven't dug into the details yet.

An interesting observation. I have seen similar errors but I thought
they were caused by my (not yet published) changes to the patch index.

To answer the question: no, these changes are not meant to affect the
binary format of the patch index. If I had planned for that i would have
increased the version number, causing the patch index to be re-created
instead of giving an error. This is a bug and I will try to fix it.