[darcs-devel] [patch1711] resolve various issues with pending

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Nov 19 00:03:46 UTC 2018

Hi Ganesh, thanks for trying to break darcs ;-)) I am still glad you
weren't successful, though.

I have since been working a lot on understanding (and refactoring) the
V1 commutation code and I no longer think that changing the semantics of
sortCoalesceFL will break it. I think I got this impression initially
because the code in its current form doesn't clearly separate what is
needed for commutation/merge with what is needed for calculation of the
conflict resolution markup. But the two can be separated and then it
becomes clear that only conflict markup is affected, not commutation or
merging itself.

This means we can remove the few cases where coalescing looses
information without breaking compatibility in any essential way.