[darcs-devel] [patch1732] use cryptonite instead of cryptohash and random

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sat Nov 24 19:19:58 UTC 2018

> We should also support hard links on Windows. NTFS has them and the
> possibility that the filesystem does not support hard links is
> covered anyway (I have been using a FAT formatted memory stick with
> no problems).

I found out that we actually do support hard links on Windows. This can
be simplified a bit by depending on unix-compat >=0.5 which now has the
compatibility wrapper for the two calls (createLink and linkCount).

What is not yet supported on Windows is re-linking as required by 'darcs
optimize relink'. See maybeRelink which wraps a foreign call to a C
procedure which doesn't do anything on Windows.

Cheers
Ben