[darcs-devel] [patch1732] use cryptonite instead of cryptohash and random

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Oct 12 22:33:54 UTC 2018

We should also support hard links on Windows. NTFS has them and the
possibility that the filesystem does not support hard links is
covered anyway (I have been using a FAT formatted memory stick with
no problems). We already depend on unix-compat which gives us
portable hard-linking via re-exports from either unix or win32
package and I checked that hard-linking is supported. There would be
a little more to do to support replacing a file with a hard link but
that shold be easy.

I can do the coding but I need somone to test that it works on
Windows and perhaps other OSes.

See issue2604 for another part of Darcs.Util.Compat that we can and
should get rid of.