[darcs-devel] [patch1729] clean up partitioning functions and expo... (and 3 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 15 09:17:41 UTC 2018

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

Patches I extracted from my V3 branch, cleaned up and tested.

4 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 47da99770d4be412f7d9baed75eb0573a5b18d54
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Fri Sep 14 09:00:22 CEST 2018
  * clean up partitioning functions and export primed versions

  The primed versions have been slightly modified in that they do not reverse
  the result, leaving that to the caller, if needed. Also, partitionRL' now
  returns a middle part similar to partitionFL'.

  The implementation is now slightly optimized: instead of trying commute
  first and only commuteWhatWeCan if that fails, we can use commuteWhatWeCan
  right away and pattern match on the dependencies.

patch 52eed7f3297d547768ff1775ff88a758f5af75e6
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Wed Nov  1 01:42:39 CET 2017
  * added foldRL_M, foldwFL, and foldwRL, renamed foldlFL/RL to foldFL/RL

  First, the renamings (removing the 'l') have been made because (a) the name
  is wrong for RL, which is actually right associative, and (b) because these
  are both the "natural" folds, i.e. the ones that replace the cons operator
  with a function.

  The other functions aren't used, yet, but will be used in the upcoming
  addition of RepoPatchV3. The 'w' variants allow the transformation of
  witnessed values, they are similar to foldRL/FL_M just not monadic.

patch 8c7276d1b1ab1b1c214b9bfb7acbb38b753f4ad8