[darcs-devel] Commuting rebase Fixups with Named patches

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Sep 16 17:04:48 UTC 2018

This is a question for Ganesh, mosty:

Is it possible that a rebase Fixup conflicts with a suspended Named patch?

I am asking because that is (currently) a critical point for my attempts
to further integrate RepoPatchV3 into the rest of Darcs.

If you are interested: the reason why this is critical is that V3
commutation requires identifiers for prim patches. But the Fixups are
anonymous ad-hoc created prims without any such an identity. So for the
commute to work I must conjure up a temporary unique identity and wrap
the (raw) prim patch into a Named patch. But now I must be sure that the
Named patch does not keep a reference to this temporary identity and
that requires that none of the RepoPatches inside the Named patch
conflict with the Fixup.

Cheers
Ben