[darcs-devel] [patch1865] remove our own optimisation settings in darcs.cabal

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 11 16:06:48 UTC 2019

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

Sending this for discussion. It works fine for me...

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 8f3b7bb7685d16003ba26050397b3022d0427119
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Fri Jul 19 17:55:14 CEST 2019
  * remove our own optimisation settings in darcs.cabal

  Letting cabal be aware of optimisation makes it easier to switch between
  optimised and unoptimised builds, since cabal nowadays puts unoptimised
  builds in a separate directory.
  I tested with a number CPU-intensive test runs (darcs-test -t conflict) that
  this causes no performance regressions: the default optimisation level
  chosen by cabal (-O1) gives the same or better results than the -O2 we
  passed explicitly.

files: patch-preview.txt, remove-our-own-optimisation-settings-in-darcs_cabal.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 21075
nosy: bf
status: needs-screening
title: remove our own optimisation settings in darcs.cabal