[darcs-devel] [patch1867] improve doc comments for Rotcilfnoc

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Mon Aug 12 10:39:32 UTC 2019

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

For discussion for now.

I'm not sure if this is an improvement or not, but I found
the existing comments "inverted [effect,conflict,identity] a
bit confusing. So I reworded it according to my
understanding to see if that also makes sense to others.

Whilst "inverted effect" is accurate in that
it is the inverse of the effect of the Rotcilfnoc, and
perhaps the identity can also be seen as being inverted,
relative to the identity of the Rotcilfnoc, I don't think
it really makes sense to talk about the Rotcilfnoc conflicting
with the inverse of the conflicting patches.

I did also have a quick play with abstracting out the triple
(effect, conflicts, identity) into a separate type to reduce
the duplication, but I don't think it really helps with code
reuse or factoring and it just makes things more verbose.

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch 1fe95add7d2b4ba171abafac14fe4bc89232723c