[darcs-devel] [patch1872] regard explicit dependencies as resolving conflicts

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Aug 15 07:20:41 UTC 2019

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

We have discussed this change on the list. I think this is the only viable
solution we can currently implement without a change in the semantics of
prim patches. It also lines up with (and gives an official justification
for) not looking beyond the latest clean tag when searching for conflicts
(see patchsetConflictResolutions).

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 6f7195b9d5fd43169850bc85f2ebd28bbd52abb9
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Sat Jul 20 13:51:58 CEST 2019
  * regard explicit dependencies as resolving conflicts

  This is necessary to allow users to resolve a conlfict in favour of what
  darcs does by default (i.e. apply neither of the conflicting changes). The
  implementation is mostly in Darcs.Patch.Named which now has an instance
  Conflict. The PatchInfoAnd instance only delegates to the contained Named
  patch. A subtlety here is that for efficiency and correctness in the face of
  lazy repos, we must make sure that hopefully is lazy in its patch argument.

files: patch-preview.txt, regard-explicit-dependencies-as-resolving-conflicts.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 21103
nosy: bf
status: needs-screening
title: regard explicit dependencies as resolving conflicts