[darcs-devel] [patch1880] decouple RepoPatchV3 impl from NamedPrim

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Aug 16 11:28:15 UTC 2019

Here's a version with the suggested renaming.

I did look at moving the code that's just about
RepoPatchV3 (as opposed to Core.RepoPatch.V3) into
Darcs.Patch.V3, but the FromPrim instance needs access
to the Core.RepoPatchV3 constructors.

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch d019358560973f2a7c8bdb20740a0289b87b2063
Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
Date:   Fri Aug 16 12:26:43 BST 2019
  * decouple RepoPatchV3 impl from NamedPrim

  NamedPrim is in turn tied to PatchInfo, which means it's
  a bit heavyweight to use RepoPatchV3 on top of a simple
  PrimPatch implementation.

  NamedPrim is now abstracted behind a type class,
  PrimContainer. Almost all of the implementation in
  Darcs.Patch.V3.Core now uses this abstraction.

  The RepoPatchV3 type we expose from Darcs.Patch.V3
  becomes a type synonym for Core.RepoPatchV3 NamedPrim.