[darcs-devel] [patch1871] slightly extend and cleanup test for iss... (and 5 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 25 15:26:18 UTC 2019

>  * slightly extend and cleanup test for issue154

> # ideally we would preserve the pending 'addfile ./d/moo',
> # but we currently do not
> #darcs whatsnew | grep 'addfile ./d/moo'

I guess this is a general question about what conflict resolution
should do to pending. We can't just leave 'addfile ./d/moo' in
pending because recorded no longer contains './d'. So we'd have
to include both "adddir ./d" and "addfile ./d/moo".

Logically there's a stronger case for actually just including
"adddir ./d" because that's the (conflicted) effect of merging
the new patch and pending. But it doesn't seem very helpful in
practice.

>  BTW, I wonder why the file d/moo gets deleted at all by the pull.

Connected to the treatment of pending, I guess.