[darcs-devel] [patch1871] slightly extend and cleanup test for iss... (and 5 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 25 15:39:01 UTC 2019

> * add tests/dependent-conflict-resolution.sh

> +# Test for conflict resolution in the case of
> +# merging C with of A;B, where B depends on A
> +# and C conflicts with either A or B or both of them.

> +# The point here is that A should not appear
> +# as an alternative in the resolution, unless C
> +# conflicts only with A and not with B.

What does it mean for C to conflict with A and not B? If
B depends on A and C conflicts with A then C can never
be in a context to merge with B. It also looks the conflict
markup doesn't contain A as an alternative even in this case.

Did you mean to say conflicts with B but not A? I do see A in
the conflict markup in that case. But either way it doesn't
make sense to me to distinguish "C conflicts with A and B" from
"C conflicts with A but not B".

status: needs-review -> review-in-progress