[darcs-devel] [patch1878] re-unify finished messages in PatchAppliers (and 2 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 25 16:14:48 UTC 2019

>  * re-unify finished messages in PatchAppliers

>  We make a small simplification in the process: fetchPatches already
>  reports if there are no patches to pull, so we needn't repeat that.

I don't think this is true. fetchPatches only reports that if the options
are NoReorder. But the text you've removed only applies when reordering is
happening.

I didn't check exactly without and with this patch, but I think it
turns the message in that case from "Nothing to pull, finished reordering."
into "Finished reordering."

I don't feel strongly that the former is superior though.

The code that calls putFinished in Rebase.hs and in ApplyPatches.hs now
looks identical, so perhaps some sharing is possible.

status: needs-review -> review-in-progress