[darcs-devel] [patch1872] regard explicit dependencies as resolving conflicts

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 31 01:34:32 UTC 2019

> This made me see a flaw in the algorithm, which I think can lead to an
> unresolved conflict not being shown because it erroneously regards it as
> resolved. Can you spot the problem?

Is it to do with the fact that even content-based dependencies at the
Named level are less fine-grained than at the level of the contents of
those Nameds, since a Named contains an FL? So if p depends on q by
name, q depends on r by content, then r will end up in ctx. But if some
element of r that *isn't* depended on by something in q has a conflict,
we should perhaps regard it as unresolved.