[darcs-devel] [issue2614] fromJust error when cloning an unclean tag

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jan 10 15:33:41 UTC 2019

I don't understand this: apparently the old and new versions of
partitionRL have different behavior but I fail to comprehend why.

To find out where exactly the mistake is I would like to instrument the
function with debug (trace) output. But it is polymorphic over all patch
types p with only a Commute p constraint. For display I need at least
Show2 (though ShowPatch would be nicer) but this infects *lots* of code
downstream of partitionRL.

Any idea how to work around this i.e. how can I avoid having to add tons
of Show2 constraints all over the place?