[darcs-devel] [patch1806] add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 11 07:54:28 UTC 2019

Initial comments for now, as I still haven't got to reviewing your
first round of refactoring.

I'm happy with the general idea of identifying when we couldn't
properly mangle the patches. Looking at the representation
I proposed, could it just be expressed by making the
'conflictMangled' field a Maybe? Or is it more complicated than
that?

My personal preference is for proceeding in small refactorings
or changes that I can quickly understand in isolation, so if
I was doing the refactoring I would probably first go to my type
or something like it, then change conflictMangled to a Maybe.

I didn't understand what the SHA1s in your type are about. If we
have them (i.e. a V3 repo) aren't they in the prims anyway?