[darcs-devel] [issue1461] case-folding can lead to working directory corruption

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 11 08:49:11 UTC 2019

I think warning if you are creating a repository state that wouldn't
work on Windows makes sense. I agree that FileUUIDs don't help.

A couple of notes:

- A patch that both removes A and creates a (or renames A to a)
should be considered valid, though it may require careful
implementation in apply.

 - We probably can't protect against all possible failures.
Reordering patches could lead to invalid states being created even
when a particular linearisation of the repository looked fine.