[darcs-devel] [patch1826] v3: resolve conflicts

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jul 12 21:34:54 UTC 2019

On 15/06/2019 09:22, Ben Franksen wrote:

> New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:
>
> 5 patches for repository /home/ben/src/darcs/without-v3:
>
> patch 1b723556f68d6ea9fcc71b9348c74a2c2163a4d5
> Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
> Date:   Sat Feb  9 13:27:16 CET 2019
>   * separate class Summary out from class Conflict
>
>   This prepares a change in the type and meaning of resolveConflicts but makes
>   sense independently. The method conflictedEffect is used only to generate a
>   summary for potentially conflicted patches and thus has been moved to the
>   new class Summary. The class Conflict gets a new method isConflicted which
>   just returns whether a patch is conflicted or not.
>   Incidentally this gets rid of a number of unneeded instances for Conflict
>   with nonsense/dummy implementations for resolveConflicts (such as for Named,
>   PatchInfoAnd, RebaseChange, and RebaseSelect).

Looks good. I was wondering whether we should have some properties
linking 'isConflicted' and 'conflictedEffect', but I see that
'isConflicted' is gone in screened anyway.

> patch 160164bb4f50312093ab83c721488caea21ffe8e
> Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
> Date:   Sat Feb  9 17:10:00 CET 2019
>   * add Darcs.Util.Graph
>
>   This contains an efficient algorithm to determine maximal independent sets
>   of an undirected graph.

OK. It's not intuitive to me how it helps with conflicts, but no doubt
all will be revealed later.

It would be nice for it to have some unit tests. In an even more ideal
world we'd be getting this from some standard library.