[darcs-devel] [issue1461] case-folding can lead to working directory corruption

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Sat Jul 13 17:06:00 UTC 2019

On 13/07/2019 17:34, Ben Franksen wrote:
> Am 13.07.19 um 16:01 schrieb Ian Lynagh:
>> Or perhaps "add A" should depend on "rm a"?
>
> This is similar to what I proposed before i.e. use case-insensitive
> comparsion of file paths on Windows.
>
> It means whether two patches conflict depends on which system you are
> on. We'd get two incompatible patch theories and can no longer safely
> exchange patches between Linux and Windows repos.

I understood Ian's idea to mean that if we are in "warn about
problematic things on Windows" mode, then we would get the warning if we
recorded add A in a repository that already had 'add a ; rm a' and
didn't make it explicitly depend on the 'rm a'.

Given his subsequent comment about 'add a' and 'add A' conflicting he
may not have meant the same thing though :-)

Ganesh