[darcs-devel] [patch1849] move PrimPatchId into its own module (and 1 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Jul 13 18:58:35 UTC 2019

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

This is to illustrate what making the Int in PrimPatchId
abstract would look like.

As well as the new module, I had to make the darcs library
depend directly on QuickCheck so I could write the Arbitrary
instance behind the encapsulation. I also had to make the
code for generating an anonymous id visible.

This is not the final version of the patches: I realised half-way
through that I'd been inconsistent about
"serial" versus "sequence" (the latter is the word the existing
comment uses), and I also haven't documented the new type.

If you (Ben) are happy with the concept I'll clean them up before
pushing to screened.

2 patches for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch 3c3a01f97f9b743436153056626096bfd188b13f
Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
Date:   Sat Jul 13 18:17:37 BST 2019
  * move PrimPatchId into its own module

  This is a necessary precursor to making the serial numbers
  properly abstract, because fromPrim will need to refer to
  the serial number type creating a difficult dependency loop.

patch dad75d8cdbc0b75b9fe05acd8c89fd96f31c471c