[darcs-devel] [patch1806] add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 16 11:34:36 UTC 2019

On 12/07/2019 12:56, Ben Franksen wrote:

>> Looking at the representation
>> I proposed, could it just be expressed by making the
>> 'conflictMangled' field a Maybe? Or is it more complicated than
>> that?
>
> Possible, but I think either mangled or unmangled better captures how we
> want to use the data. At least I can't see a reason to keep the
> unmangled version around if mangling was successful. But it's okay for a
> first step if we want to split this into a number of smaller refactors.

On this specific point, now that I've realised you've already changed
resolveConflicts to only return the mangled version (or rather the
possibly badly mangled version), I think your proposal to move from that
to "mangled or unmangled" makes sense.

Or maybe we should always store the unmangled ones and do the mangling
at the last possible moment.