[darcs-devel] [patch1828] v3: optimizations

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jul 28 08:40:38 UTC 2019

>>   * optimize parsing of PrimPatchId
>>
> OK (a comment in the code about needing an optimised implementation
> might be worthwhile)

Good point. See my follow-up patch.

>>   * optimize ctxNoConflicts
>
> You removed the TODO about testing against the specification, is
> that test no longer wanted?
Yes. The original definition from the paper is quite technical, poorly
motivated, and also missing a special case for equal contexted patches
(which do not conflict but would, according to the definition)). My
specification is more high-level and, I think, easier to understand.
This means it doesn't make much sense to show / test equivalence here.
(Though it is not hard to see why the two definitions are equivalent,
modulo the missing case.)