[darcs-devel] [patch1806] add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jul 28 09:43:06 UTC 2019

>>   * add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts
>
> This doesn't actually build without the next patch, but never mind
> :-) (it changes the type of resolveConflicts without changing any
> instances)

Hm, I was pretty sure I had fixed these problems in the last bundle I
attached.

>>   * change the return type of mangleUnravelled
>>
>>   This makes it clear that mangleUnravelled is unable to deal with
> conflicts
>>   involving anything other than hunks. Previously we returned the
> unmodified
>>   head of the input list if that was the case, now we return
> Nothing.
> Good idea to separate this decision from the hunk mangling logic. I
> guess that logic could actually eventually be made independent of
> Prim.V1 as the core of it really only cares about FileHunk.

True, though this doesn't help us much, since FileUUID (in its present
form) cannot easily implement IsHunk (it's hunks aren' line-based but
offset-based). Indeed, mangleUnravelled was originally "independent" of
Prim.V1 (part of Darcs.Patch.Conflict), via classes like IsHunk,
PrimConstruct, PrimClassify etc.