[darcs-devel] [patch1806] add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jun 9 11:57:03 UTC 2019

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

I'm not going to screen this for a bit, to allow a chance
for comments. It's a followup to the discussion in patch1709.

I think it makes options for further refactorings clearer,
e.g. we could delay the mangling until we actually want to
mark the conflicts. But particularly the V1 code is a bit
involved so I'd rather take it slowly.

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch c2e1a252c039522eb7d92b2a1c69f512e955db3b
Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
Date:   Sun Jun  9 12:43:43 BST 2019
  * add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts

  This makes it clear that the output contains first the
  'mangled' view followed by all the conflicting parts.
  Currently the mangled view is the conflict markers if
  the conflict is all hunks, and one of the conflicting
  parts if not.

  There is a small behaviour change for the conflict parts
  for V1 patches: previously the mangled value would be
  removed from the parts if present, and now it's not. This
  doesn't make any difference at the use sites, and is
  consistent with V2 patches.

files: add-an-explicit-type-for-the-output-of-resolveconflicts.dpatch, patch-preview.txt, unnamed
messages: 20702
nosy: ganesh
status: needs-screening
title: add an explicit type for the output of resolveConflicts