[darcs-devel] [patch1823] v3: basic implementation and tests

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jun 14 23:09:47 UTC 2019

Continuing the discussion from patch1804:

>>> -- The 'Int' gets inverted together with the patch.
>>> data PrimPatchId = PrimPatchId !Int !SHA1
>>
>> Is it illegal for the Int to be 0?
>
> Yes.
>
>> If so this should be documented
>> and ideally tested. (I haven't read a lot of the rest of the
>> relevant code yet, so this might already be tested.)
>
> Good point. No, i don't think this is tested nor documented. Will do.

Actually, a followup thought is do we really need this slightly
opaque encoding, or could we use a Bool like PatchInfo has?

In the same vein, I wonder a bit about the SHA1. I wonder what
the trade-offs between that and using the PatchInfo directly are (if
the latter is even possible). I'll need to get to grips with the rest
of the code to have a good feeling for that though.

assignedto:  -> ganesh
nosy: +ganesh
status: needs-screening -> review-in-progress