[darcs-devel] [patch1841] resolve issue2610: add --inherit-default... (and 1 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jun 18 18:16:53 UTC 2019

Not screening this one immediately to give room for further design
discussions. You may want to apply and look at the help output and/or
the test script.

Note that there is currently the limitation that --inherit-default works
only for local repositories (using isValidLocalPath). As explained in a
comment in the code this is due to darcs/prefs/defaultrepo being treated
as a text file, so we cannot reliably read it from a remote location
(the URL/path may be encoded differently). I think this is okay for the
intended use case (multiple local branches of a common upstream repo).
Instead of treating it as a TODO comment I should document it in the
help text. (I wrote that before I started to actually implement the
feature).