[darcs-devel] [patch1804] make linear search report results like b... (and 1 more)

Benjamin Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Jun 20 16:26:42 UTC 2019

>> There are existing tests for the trackdown functionality
>> in trackdown-bisect.sh, issue538.sh. Are those helpful or
>> would you like something more?
>
> Thanks for the pointer, I was grepping for 'darcs test' and didn't find
> anything... So this is covered, good.

Apropos. Why was 'trackdown' renamed to 'test' in the first place? The
original command name 'trackdown' is more specific and actually
describes pretty well what the command is used for. 'darcs test' is very
general and could mean any number of things; intuitively I'd rather
think it is a command to test darcs. Can we at least give 'trackdown'
equal status to 'test' in the help and command completion i.e. un-hide it?

Cheers
Ben