[darcs-devel] unsuspend-reify [was: [patch1824] v3: basic integration]

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Sep 1 10:58:54 UTC 2019

>> I've had a play with changing ToEdit to be Named (PrimOf p) instead of
>> Named p, and it seems to basically work.
>
> So you replace patches to be edited with their effect right away instead
> of only when we unsuspend. Correct?

If I understand you correctly here, wouldn't this also lead to a loss of
information? Suppose we have a conflict p;q at the end of our repo. We
suspend them both and rebase obliterate p. If the suspended q doesn't
remember that it is conflicted, then we loose the information about what
it originally wanted to do, but didn't because of the conflict. So
instead of restoring the original prim hidden inside the conflicted q,
it would just become empty.

I should write a test to see what the current implementation does in
this case.

BTW, I agree with you insofar as a well-behaved force-commute (in the
sense that no information about any of the prims involved is lost)
probably has to be implemented as a primitive operation. I think the
proper setting for this should be RepoPatchV3.