[darcs-devel] [patch1885] cleanup and simplify Darcs.Patch.Prim.V1... (and 10 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Tue Sep 3 07:53:52 UTC 2019

Sorry for taking a while to comment on this bundle.

> (2) The implementation of RepoPatchV1 used is_filepatch for speedyCommute.
>     This is now replaced with calls to listTouchedFiles. To account for
>     directory changes, we now check that neither file path is a prefix of
>     the other.

As with all changes to the commute behaviour of patches, this makes me
slightly nervous. Also, moving from is_filepatch to listTouchedFiles seems
like a complication, and I think that listTouchedFiles was previously only
important for the UI.

But we can't never make changes to the commute code for patches, so we
should do something. How about we just get rid of speedyCommute (and review
that change very carefully)? It should just be an optimisation and this is
just V1 patches, which are probably not very widely used.