[darcs-devel] [patch1902] add failing test for rebase of conflicted patches

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Sep 3 21:00:43 UTC 2019

> I tested this together with patch1911 and that got it past the
> unsuspend without crashing. Definite improvement. But then I notices that
> the resulting markup in both cases looks like
>
> v v v v v v v
> one
> =============
> *************
> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
>
> and that the remaining patch name 'two' now actually makes the change
> originally done by 'one'. This is not what I would expect.

I may be wrong but I think this points out an inherent weakness of doing
force-commute with conflictors. What such a force-commute really does is
a purely formal commute, that just exchanges the names of the patches,
so that patch 'one' now makes the change originally done by 'two' and
vice versa. I think this is the reason behind the unexpected content of
the remaining patch 'two' here.

I am looking forward to your experiments with representing the conflicts
of a suspended conflictor in the rebase patch...