[darcs-devel] [patch1911] WIP: use Prim patches in rebase toedit

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Sep 14 10:20:47 UTC 2019

Updated version of migration to Prim, resolving conflicts
with patch1914 (which simplifies this bundle).

I think the backwards compatibility story needs a bit
more investigation. I realised that suspending conflicts
is probably not completely broken (for one thing, I do it
myself sometimes). I'll do some testing to see what does
actually work now and then encode that in tests.

5 patches for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch b475daf7b08816e62399c6da81ecb5243d1676c0
Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
Date:   Sat Sep 14 10:58:09 BST 2019
  * Use Prim patches in rebase suspended patches

  It doesn't make sense to support conflicted patches
  inside a rebase, as conflicts are more naturally
  expressed inside a rebase with fixups. Attempts to
  suspend conflicted patches don't work well anyway
  (see issue2634).

  This change is backwards compatible with the on-disk
  rebase format for unconflicted patches because each
  RepoPatch type just saves unconflicted patches without
  any wrapping.

patch 93428bf455c0915f5a4702f621cc53fcb19603db