[darcs-devel] [issue2635] executable flag and errors with darcs.1

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Sep 19 16:57:24 UTC 2019

> The clean solution is to build the man page only if we build the
> executable. We must find out how to do that.

That's a good point. I actually raised this with the intention of
resolving it with a patch that just makes 'executable' a manual
flag, but you're right it's not a complete solution. But I think
it makes sense to do that for now, particularly for the 2.14 branch
to help with the problems people have already encountered.

I would still rather get rid of the manpage building from our cabal
configuration and do it elsewhere. But failing that, or in the
meantime, tying it to building the executable would make sense.