[darcs-devel] [patch1909] add a basic test for darcs rebase changes (and 1 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 20 12:01:10 UTC 2019

>   * add a basic test for darcs rebase changes>   * add another test for rebase changes
Both fine.

> patch 66c51e0ded129f227f88984bfd04370b8945846b
> Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
> Date:   Tue Sep  3 15:05:34 BST 2019
>   * simplify instance Summary RebaseChange
>
>   I'm not sure why it was so complicated before. Perhaps
>   changeAsMerge was used elsewhere at some point.
>
>   Also removed the comment about resolveConflicts which
>   doesn't make much sense now.

I think this change is sound, but I wonder if it isn't still more
complicated than necessary. In particular, why do we have to commute
here at all? I thought we have a global rebase invariant that says
fixups are always pushed as far into rebase as possible? If this is
indeed the case, then we should be able to assume that we cannot commute
any of the fixups with the toedit patch.