[darcs-devel] [patch1901] fix interpretation of bundles as patchsets

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Sep 20 20:15:25 UTC 2019

>> Yeah, I more or less use it as a dump for anything that we want to share
>> between command implementations and that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.
>>
>> In this case I am pretty sure this belongs to the UI layer. This has
>> nothing at all to do with the /internals/ of a bundle, which is what
>> Darcs.Patch.Bundle is about.
>
> Maybe filenames belong in the Repository layer, which already does
> things on disk. Or maybe not. Not worth more effort now, anyway.

(Agreed. Still these file names are /not/ about the Repository layer
which is concerned with the /internal/ structure of the repo on disk and
not about files that darcs creates for the user do do with as they
please. In principle we could as well print to stdout and let the user
redirect it to a file, like 'darcs log --context does', btw.)