[darcs-devel] [issue2642] compile version 2.14.2 with ghc 8.8

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Apr 19 09:15:09 UTC 2020

>> From [base]: "Control.Monad.Fail module can be imported for
>> defining forward compatible MonadFail instances". Maybe the patch
>> is enough for a backward compatibility.
>
> [monadfail]
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/9581bdb8e922d03f15be8e1e6a5b3cba13dd2d91/pkgs/development/haskell-modules/patches/darcs-2.14.2-Compile-against-GHC-8.8.patch

Hm, yes that may do the trick, for 2.14. Getting the HEAD to compile
with ghc-8.8 is a different matter, but that doesn't need to bother you.

Ganesh: could you take a look at this and perhaps make a new release
2.14.3? There is also a pending patch somewhere against the 2.14 branch
that I made to avoid a problem with Setup.hs.