[darcs-devel] [issue2653] Proposal to change darcs repo search

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 9 12:43:51 UTC 2020

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

One of the first things darcs does (for most commands) is that it
searches from the CWD upwards to see whether we are somewhere inside a
darcs repo. This is what I expect that to happen.

What I find surprising is that this also happens even if the directory
we are in is not under darcs control. I propose we change that. That is,
darcs should only recognize the fact that we are in a darcs repo if the
original working dir from which darcs was invoked is actually known to
the the darcs repo (i.e. in recorded or pending).

nosy: bf
priority: feature
status: unknown
title: Proposal to change darcs repo search