[darcs-devel] [issue2213] last regrets doesn't respect dependencies when going back

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Aug 15 19:47:02 UTC 2020

This behavior can be surprising, but I find it quite useful,
especially in combination with --reverse. For instance, suppose you
push --reverse two patches A and B, and the earlier patch C gets
added automatically as a dependency. On last regrets you see that C
would be pushed but this is not what you want. It may not be obvious
which of A or B depends on C, but if you hit k and then deselect C,
Darcs will determine this for you: it will automatically deselect
only whichever patch depends on C.

I am minded to resolve this as wont-fix.