[darcs-devel] [patch2075] test for whether rebase suspend/unsuspend introduces c...

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Aug 23 20:34:08 UTC 2020

A WIP bundle to record progress on getting this test ready.

Some notes:

1) I had to refactor a bit to deal with the fact that
addToEditsToSuspended became in IO after the recent fixes
to change the identity of patches on suspend. The first
two patches to generalise that over MonadRandom could
probably be submitted now.

2) The test as-is does mostly need a high repeat count to
fail, I must have got lucky/unlucky when I broke it with
a count of 100 at one point.

3) If we cut down the maximum sequence to size 2, then it
passes for V1 and V3, but fails for V2. I guess this is
duplicate-induced but I haven't checked yet.

4) The current generation approach with bSized doesn't
work well with limiting sequence sizes for one test.
Not sure what the cleanest solution to that is.

4 patches for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch 60561a1865862a6f82251ae06bfa4cc7dc409136