[darcs-devel] [issue2668] createDirectory: permission denied (Permission denied)

Gian Piero Carrubba bugs at darcs.net
Thu Dec 3 11:03:13 UTC 2020

Gian Piero Carrubba <gpiero at rm-rf.it> added the comment:

* [Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 09:13:30AM +0000] Ben Franksen:
>I cannot reproduce this. I have added the following test script:
[...]

Found it. It's the patch-index creating its temporary file outside the
repo: disabling it, the record succeeds.  Now the problem is that I
cannot re-enable it anymore:

$ darcs optimize enable-patch-index
darcs: /home/gpiero-8723add3cfa57929: createDirectory: permission denied (Permission denied)

Anyway, I think the error passing between the various steps needs some
adjustments:

- the patch was correctly recorded, but darcs issued a 'Failed to record
   patch' message
- a failure in the patch index update caused the post-hook to not be
   run

I'm a bit unsure about the latter, but my feelings is that a failure in
the patch-index should not cause the above.

Thanks,
Gian Piero.