[darcs-devel] [patch2123] bash_completion: do not use provided options when invo...

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Dec 18 08:27:15 UTC 2020

Hm, yes, I can confirm that the zsh completions have the same issue.
This is clearly a bug and a severe one at that.

But your proposed solution seems a bit drastic in that it also
disables a lot of useful functionality. What darcs outputs with --
list-options does depend on the existing command line flags. For
instance 'darcs record -l --list-options' lists un-added files,
while a 'darcs record --list-options' does not.

The real problem here is that the "--list-options" on the command
line gets "swallowed" as an argument to "-m", so darcs does not
recognize that it should merely list completions. I would like to
have my cake and eat it, too.

I think the correct fix is to place the --list-options not after but
before any option already present on the command line.