[darcs-devel] [patch2133] use hires timestamps for the index

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Dec 26 15:37:24 UTC 2020

On 20/12/2020 10:12, Ben Franksen wrote:

>   * make --ignore-times a standard option supported by all commands

Looks good.

What was the reason for reordering the options in Amend and Record?

As an aside the style of using `withStdOpts` infix confused me for a bit
because I thought it was just some kind of simple combining operation,
not something that also added the standard options.

>   * remove extraneous setting of --ignore-times in test scripts

OK

>   * Darcs.Util.Index: fix a few minor errors in comments

OK

>   * index: use high resolution timestamps

Looks good.

>   This requires building against a patched unix-compat, since the pull request
>   is still pending.

This will be something of a pain even for local development, as it'll
get rebuilt whenever the local cabal config changes. So we should figure
out some long-term solution fairly quickly.

>   * harness: add flag to test with or without the index
>   * enable use of the index in the test suite by default

Nice.