[darcs-devel] [patch1986] tests: replace withSingle with withState... (and 1 more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Mon Feb 17 06:38:47 UTC 2020

What matters is what QuickCheck sees, not what happens in our own code.
We pass QuickCheck a function of type

  Sealed2 (WithStartState2 (MergeableSequence p)) -> Maybe TestResult

so that's the Arbitrary instance it uses both for shrinking and
generation.

You can also see a type error if you comment out a key instance, for
example instance Abitrary (Sealed2 (WithStartState2 p)) in
D.T.P.A.WithState.