[darcs-devel] [patch1966] make the index format depend on endianness

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jan 26 16:40:46 UTC 2020

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 60d2900f59e31985dad429447103fb80b1b47feb
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Sun Jan 26 17:34:03 CET 2020
  * make the index format depend on endianness

  Previously the index had a format that was independent from the
  architecture's endianness. This required that the code must be aware of
  endianness, which led to #ifdefs, and extra work in the custom Setup.hs. The
  new format avoids all that, at the cost of being architecture dependent.
  Since the index is just a cache, it can and should be re-created if it is
  found to be invalid. We merely need to make sure we can detect whether the
  format of the index has the same endianness as that expected by our code.
  This is done by adding a second word to the header (after the magic word)
  which should always read as 1 for the file to be considered in valid format.

files: make-the-index-format-depend-on-endianness.dpatch, patch-preview.txt, unnamed
messages: 21728
nosy: bf
status: needs-screening
title: make the index format depend on endianness