[darcs-devel] [patch1968] fix file path encoding in convert export command

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jan 27 20:45:39 UTC 2020

New submission from Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>:

1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch ad6b597f3cf2e6d2627dfb6446390b044ff09b65
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Mon Jan 27 20:23:54 CET 2020
  * fix file path encoding in convert export command

  This failed when the locale encoding is not UTF8, but file paths contain
  non-ASCII characters (such as tested in convert_export.sh). The reason is
  that we used anchorPath and then quoted the resulting String, which means we
  decodeLocale. Instead we have to use Darcs.Util.Path.flatten and do the
  quoting and escaping on the raw bytes. The test script was slightly extended
  to check that the quoting and escaping works as expected by git.

files: fix-file-path-encoding-in-convert-export-command.dpatch, patch-preview.txt, unnamed
messages: 21749
nosy: bf
status: needs-screening
title: fix file path encoding in convert export command