[darcs-devel] [patch1968] fix file path encoding in convert export command

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jan 27 21:43:56 UTC 2020

Amended the patch to fix a mistake I made with the escaping. This was found
by git_quoted_filenames test. Also re-added escaping of '\r'; even if the
git docu doesn't explicitly require it I guess it can't hurt. Second patch
contains a few useful changes for diagnosis when the test fails.

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch fe2dd87f789dfa0f6f4bbbc65cc9953a68c1e552
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Mon Jan 27 20:23:54 CET 2020
  * fix file path encoding in convert export command

  This failed when the locale encoding is not UTF8, but file paths contain
  non-ASCII characters (such as tested in convert_export.sh). The reason is
  that we used anchorPath and then quoted the resulting String, which means we
  decodeLocale. Instead we have to use Darcs.Util.Path.flatten and do the
  quoting and escaping on the raw bytes. The test script was slightly extended
  to check that the quoting and escaping works as expected by git.

patch e3ede20b474ab8fb0227dc5dbe1c860829a06a2e
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Mon Jan 27 22:49:13 CET 2020
  * some small improvements for tests/git_quoted_filenames.sh