[darcs-devel] [patch1969] : remove graphviz dependency by re-implementing show dependencies

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jan 28 21:39:33 UTC 2020

It was surprisingly easy to re-implement the main functionality from first
principles. I also find it remarkable how much cleaner the code has become.
The output of the new 'show dependencies' command differs in two points: it
uses a hex rendering of the shortened (to 32 bits) patch ID as the node
identifier. It also contains edges for all direct dependencies which I find
more useful than reducing the graph to avoid transitive edges by arbitrarily
deleting them.

2 patches for repository http://darcs.net/screened:

patch 4c36c4c72ce4d0d1361b64d3737f7a7a7ed83708
Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
Date:   Mon Jan 27 15:39:08 CET 2020
  * move getDeps and SPatchAndDeps from D.P.Depends to D.UI.C.ShowDependencies

  This somewhat messy code has no relationship with anything else happening
  inside D.P.Depends. Besides, getting rid of the graphviz dependency may
  involve re-writing at least parts of that code, which will be easier if it
  is concentrated in D.UI.C.ShowDependencies.

patch 3a8e57ef9fed776f62a3538f8842b6593546e368
  * remove graphviz dependency by re-implementing show dependencies

title: move getDeps and SPatchAndDeps from D.P.Depends to D.U... -> : remove graphviz dependency by re-implementing show dependencies